Questions? Comments? Submissions?
For all of the above and more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept short stories, poetry, photography, and original art submissions, as well as reviews and essays that are art and literary related. But we are open minded, so if you’ve created something amazing that defies category, send it our way! The number of pieces you may submit is limitless. We prefer to publish photos in groups of 5-10, though that is a guideline and not a rule.
Need more advice? Here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind:
- Send us work you’re passionate about. (Yes, we can tell.)
- Be professional. The more seriously you take yourself, the more seriously we’ll take you. (Yes, this includes your pen name.)
- Submit a cohesive whole. If you send us art samples, make sure there’s something binding them together. If it’s writing, check for a beginning, middle, and end.
- Submit multiple times! We love repeats, and even if we can’t accept your first submission, we’ll always review with an open mind.
- Send your submissions as attachments, preferably as Word Documents, PDFs, or JPEGs. Do not send submissions through Drop Box or Google Drive.
- Email your attachment without a message in the body of the email, or just email a link to your online portfolio.
- Forget to edit your work before submitting it.
- Submit bios longer than two short paragraphs.
- Submit low-quality files. If you’re a writer, send us a Word document or a PDF. If you’re a photographer, invest in a high-quality camera, and make sure your work is centered and well-lit.
- Follow up. We will contact you if we are interested or have questions, and we do our very best to respond to every submission we receive within a reasonable amount of time.
If we do accept your submission, here are some things to have on hand:
A brief bio, in third person, which can include a photo of yourself and links to your own website(s) and/or social media pages. For visual arts, an artist statement or description regarding your process, inspiration, or experience.
We do not publish submissions if we don’t get a response from you, even if you send us a bio with your original submission. So check your email! If you haven’t heard from us in a few weeks, check your spam folder.
Also, if you have published with us before and have any upcoming events/news/publications, let us know! We want to help promote our artists.